NFORCE2: loss of line-in digitization during recording

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Eugene Yun-Ching Leung, Feb 13, 2005.

  1. My NF7-S 2.0 is hooked up to an amplifier via optical. The amp decodes the
    digital stream to 5.1 properly. Sources connected to the mobo's analog line-
    in are also properly digitized as an input, and pass-through to the SPDIF
    appropriately so I can hear it.

    However, when I try to record from the line-in, the signal is no longer
    digitized and I cannot hear it on the amp. The source is still recorded
    though, because the file that is saved plays back fine. Nothing in the mixer
    is muted during recording, levels are all appropriate. I don't understand.

    If I hook up analog speakers to the mobo, then I can hear what is being
    recorded during recording without a problem. It would appear that I cannot
    use the SPDIF output for a monitor when recording, is this true? If so,
    that's annoying and defeats the simplicity of not requiring analog cables.

    This problem has been the topic of a few forums, but no one appears to have
    resolved the issue. For instance:

    http://forums.snapstream.com/vb/showthread.php?s=
    338e781d7f1e454e5fa2a923dabd17ab&p=130959

    Any help would be appreciated,
    Eugene
    (remove [NOSPAM] to email me, thanks)

    Eugene Yun-Ching Leung, Feb 13, 2005

  2. C'mon, -somebody's- gotta have a solution... any help would be appreciated.

    Eugene
    (remove NOSPAM to reply)

    Eugene Yun-Ching Leung, Mar 1, 2005

  3. Eugene Yun-Ching Leung

    JefN Guest

    | C'mon, -somebody's- gotta have a solution... any help would be
    appreciated.

    | Eugene
    | (remove NOSPAM to reply)

    Hi Eugene -

    Don't have an answer... but maybe you should search the Abit forum at
    http://forum.abit-usa.com ... specifically the nVidia-based Motherboards
    page.

    If you don't find an answer there, the forum gets a lot of traffic and
    posting your request for help might gain you some suggestions.

    Jef

    JefN, Mar 1, 2005