    recommended defaults.

    Thanks,

    John.

    JohnGowers, Apr 21, 2004

  2. JohnGowers

    Locutus Guest

    on the first screen you need to press f6 to install sATA drivers

    Locutus, Apr 21, 2004

  3. JohnGowers

    T Guest

    Same thing happened to me and as the guy says: when promted , press F6 and
    have sata floppy ready.
    PS go to abit website and also get the latest sata drivers and copy them
    over to a floppy for future use.

    good luck

    T, Apr 21, 2004
  4. JohnGowers

    borolad Guest

    Is the SATA drive on the SATA1 header [ the one nearest the battery ]?
    Is your first boot device the CDROM & second the SATA ?
    In Integrated Periphs/Onboard PCI Device does it have 2 entries
    -SATA controller, and
    -SATA ROM, and are they both enabled ?
    At POST when you hit Ctrl H is your drive in the SATA Raid Utility
    Does the SATA BIOS see the drive [ black & white POST screen ] ?

    Is your MOBO a version 2 ?, what BIOS are you on ?
    What happens when you connect an old drive to your spare IDE ?

    BoroLad

    borolad, Apr 21, 2004
  5. I had a similar problem and I had to update the BIOS, there was an inerrant
    string in the bios

    Seventh Day is The Sabbath, Apr 21, 2004