Nintendo America President mentions the next-generation of DS and the next-generation of Wii

Discussion in 'ATI' started by RadeonR600, Oct 28, 2007.

  1. RadeonR600

    RadeonR600 Guest

    http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2007/10/28/BUM4SSC18.DTL

    Q: One knock against the Wii and the DS is that they're not as high-
    powered as their rivals. I'm wondering how concerned you are about
    that and how you plan to address that. Will there be improvements to
    the existing hardware?

    A: Whenever we launch hardware we immediately start working on the
    next iteration. That is the way we keep our selves fresh and we keep
    ourselves from being disrupted much like we've done to our
    competitors. And so it is incumbent upon us to find the next great
    improvement to our system and we're constantly in search of that.

    This should be viewed as exellent news for AMD / ATI because AMD
    will most likely get the graphics contracts for both the next
    generation of DS and the next generation of Wii, whatever form they
    take.

    RadeonR600, Oct 28, 2007