    be a much better decision then Abit, if you want any kind of support
    at all.

    Defective, and poor customer support.

    Bangor, Apr 9, 2006

  2. Bangor

    0_Qed Guest

    And ....
    your supporting, authentic 'proof' is ....
    ???

    Or,
    do you have 'none' ???
    Which would =suggest= you lable your conjecture with "IMHO" ,
    please ???

    have a nice 'day', 'Mor' ,
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Apr 9, 2006

  3. Qed wrote:

    | And ....
    | your supporting, authentic 'proof' is ....
    | ???
    |
    | Or,
    | do you have 'none' ???
    | Which would =suggest= you lable your conjecture with "IMHO" ,
    | please ???

    What?!?!?!? No mention of the synergy from the strategic alliance with
    Brain Suck Industries.... 'er Universal Scientific Industrial Co. Ltd.?

    Have a nice day, indeed!

    Jef

    PS .. talk nice to Mr. G. ... he's been drinking.

    Bird Janitor®, Apr 9, 2006
  4. Bangor

    TomG Guest

    eh? shomeboidy shay my name? {snort}

    TomG, Apr 9, 2006
  5. Bangor

    0_Qed Guest

    Not familiar with the 'group' , ?? MSI <==> USI ???
    but,
    in general ...
    =empty= assertions typically fall quickly on thier own 'sword' ,
    aka ,
    a pointless , profered , dubious "opinion".

    Yes. :)

    'Indeed' indeed.
    Friendly cynicism ... 'room behind the room' humor.
    Sarcasam A La Pit Marinade.

    In the "legal" trade ,
    a letter , with ending salutation of " In this Instance//Signature " ...
    really should be 'read' as " Phuck you too, Counselor// Qed, Esq. " .
    'Tricks' in the Trade. Politically "correct" ones.

    :)
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Apr 9, 2006
  6. TomG wrote:

    | eh? shomeboidy shay my name? {snort}

    Enjoy another martini! Hell .. make it a couple.

    What else you got to liver for? ;-)

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, Apr 9, 2006
  7. Qed wrote:

    | Not familiar with the 'group' , ?? MSI <==> USI ???
    | but,
    | in general ...
    | =empty= assertions typically fall quickly on thier own 'sword' ,
    | aka ,
    | a pointless , profered , dubious "opinion".

    You got your merger darlings all knotted up. It's Abit that achieved
    synergy with USI:
    http://www2.abit.com.tw/page/en/news/newspop.php?pDOCNO=en_0603211

    | Yes. :)
    |
    | 'Indeed' indeed.
    | Friendly cynicism ... 'room behind the room' humor.
    | Sarcasam A La Pit Marinade.
    |
    | In the "legal" trade ,
    | a letter , with ending salutation of " In this Instance//Signature " ...
    | really should be 'read' as " Phuck you too, Counselor// Qed, Esq. " .
    | 'Tricks' in the Trade. Politically "correct" ones.

    I don't want to hear anything more about your tricks! With your wit, your
    tricks are probably all ugly. ;-)

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood®

    Bird Janitor®, Apr 9, 2006
  8. Bangor

    TomG Guest

    liver? that's in your brain, right?

    TomG, Apr 9, 2006
  9. TomG wrote:

    | liver? that's in your brain, right?

    It's not important.

    Just enjoy your martinis! ;-}

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, Apr 10, 2006
  10. Hmmm. I haven't heard anything much about USI before. Quite often though, in my
    experience, when a big fish has a little fish over for lunch, there aren't many
    little fishies left at dinner time.

    Doesn't always happen, there are still Volvos being built, but ...
    .... wait and see, I guess.

    -Peter

    Peter Huebner, Apr 10, 2006
  11. Peter Huebner wrote:

    | Hmmm. I haven't heard anything much about USI before. Quite often
    | though, in my experience, when a big fish has a little fish over for
    lunch,
    | there aren't many little fishies left at dinner time.
    |
    | Doesn't always happen, there are still Volvos being built, but ...
    | .... wait and see, I guess.

    Usually I agree with your estimation about big/little fish.

    In Abit's case, their financial problems certainly left them in need of a
    large cash infusion, which seems to be what USI brought to the table.

    If it had been a typical Brainsuck, USI would have bought Abit outright,
    rather than forming a co-operative joint venture.

    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, Apr 10, 2006
  12. Bangor

    Vanguard Guest

    There is no References header in your post (so your post was NOT a reply
    to someone else's post). "So in answer to your question, ..." Are you
    hearing voices in your head again?

    Vanguard, Apr 10, 2006
  13. I was well surprised when I saw the title of this thread, and then realised
    that it *wasn't* written by John Lewis. What on earth is the world coming
    to????
    --

    Richard Hopkins
    Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom

    Richard Hopkins, Apr 10, 2006
  14. Bangor

    0_Qed Guest

    Well Now !!!

    ?Whats? to "expect" from a cluster of 'challanged' filk ???

    Thats NOT to say that you should lower your 'expectations' ...
    just be all little more tollerent of the cluster 'lessors'.

    Good <?>.
    Dunno to "what" the World is 'coming'.

    :)
    Qed.

    0_Qed, Apr 10, 2006
  15. Richard Hopkins wrote:

    | I was well surprised when I saw the title of this thread, and then
    | realised that it *wasn't* written by John Lewis. What on earth is
    | the world coming to????

    What on earth is our little piece of the virtual world coming to?

    Three threads posted to in the last 24 hours, with no new threads begun:
    1. Hijack of a rant by a troll
    2. Hijack of a rant by a troll
    3. An actual thread asking for help (the poster solved his own problem)

    Worse yet .. 6 of the 13 posts made during the last 24 hours were by me:
    1. Alcohol and intoxication
    2. Thinly veiled comparisons of corporate mergers with the "Dilbert" cartoon
    3. Claim that a fictitious pub gets "root vegetables and sweet breads" from
    a septic tank pumping truck
    4. This post, musing on the silliness of it all

    Where the hell has John Lewis gone anyway. I always enjoyed how his
    conversations got veered off track. But then .. I enjoy when any
    conversation takes on the appearance of a train wreck! ;-}

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, Apr 10, 2006
  16. Probably gone back to working in his shop.

    Ooops, only people in the UK will get that, so I guess I should also offer
    the possibility that he's finally started to read his own stories, and
    bought a motherboard from someone else.

    Richard Hopkins, Apr 10, 2006
  17. You can't really draw comparisons between what happens in the computer
    industry and the car manufacturuing business.

    Sure, Volvos are still being built, but most of them now use Ford platforms,
    engines, transmissions and other components, while Volvo-designed engines
    are now being used in Fords, Land Rovers and elsewhere.

    It's not like Abit are going to make boards with USI manufactured bits on
    them. Either they'll continue on as they are with USI's size and capital
    giving them better component buying leverage, R&D and distribution, or
    they'll get absorbed into USI's operation wholesale.

    Richard Hopkins, Apr 10, 2006
  18. Richard Hopkins wrote:

    | Probably gone back to working in his shop.
    |

    | Ooops, only people in the UK will get that, so I guess I should also
    | offer the possibility that he's finally started to read his own stories,
    | and bought a motherboard from someone else.

    Richard -

    Is this the same John Lewis?
    http://www.johnlewis.com/Toys/Area.aspx

    If so, brings new meaning to the concept of "gaming" to the Abit motherboard
    group!

    Lurking Rat in 'Da Hood® -
    Jef

    Bird Janitor®, Apr 10, 2006