    thoughts?

    Thanks
    Craig D

    Craig Dieter, Nov 26, 2003

  2. Craig Dieter

    mike Guest

    I have a CPiA400 that regularly gets confused about whether a battery is
    present, whether it's running on AC or battery, charge level etc.
    Since it's still running ok, I just ignore it. Turning it off, pulling
    the battery, rebooting, inserting the battery usually fixes it temporarily.
    There have been reports of loose case screws letting the battery sag
    enough to lose contact with the data pins.
    mike

    laptops and parts Test Equipment
    Honda CB-125S
    TEK Sampling Sweep Plugin and RM564
    Tek 2465 $800, ham radio, 30pS pulser

    mike, Nov 27, 2003

  3. Craig Dieter

    zuuum Guest

    Isn't it under warranty??? Don't even mess with it. Call Dell and tell
    them to fix it, NOW! You paid for a machine that operates properly. If it
    doesn't, have them fix the thing. Don't live with something that seems to
    not be a big deal because it is running. In most cases you can return the
    machine without your hard disk, if you are worried about loss of data or
    program reinstallations. Why be silent, if yopu know something is not
    functioning?

    zuuum, Nov 29, 2003
  4. Craig Dieter

    Tom Scales Guest

    I'm pretty sure a D300 isn't under Dell's warranty. Perhaps whomever you
    bought it from. It's used, right?

    I'd guess the battery is dead, since I would also guess it is over 18 months
    old.

    About the life of a battery.

    Tom

    Tom Scales, Nov 29, 2003
  5. Craig Dieter

    Craig Dieter Guest

    Thanks to all respondents,

    The unit was purchased on eBay, so you are correct, there is no warranty.
    The battery is charged and functional (it will power my wife's 266MHZ CPi
    for about an hour). I suspect a loose connection is the most likely
    explanation.

    Craig D.

    Craig Dieter, Nov 30, 2003