>> no boot on NEO 875P - can I scream for help ? <<

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Jerry Jeff, Jul 9, 2005.

  1. Jerry Jeff

    Jerry Jeff Guest

    Feel free to respond to

    I've worked on computers before there were PC's but I'm kinda'
    stumped here. Maybe I'm getting old. I've been retired two years
    and perhaps out of practice.

    My step-son calls telling systems dead

    I go there with DVM in hand.

    Power supply turns on. All voltages are present.
    No text on screen... but monitor does work on a working
    computer.
    Replaced video card just for practice. No difference. Restored
    original video card.

    My D-Bracket is lost, but the manual (pg 2-26) supplies voltage
    readouts.

    Measuring voltages:
    Pins 2, 4, 6, 8 are all high (5 volts)
    Pins 1, 3, 5, 7 are all low (0 volts)

    This makes all four LED's red
    Per page 1-10 this states that Processor is damaged or
    improperly installed.

    I assumed CPU was damaged and replaced it.

    No difference with replacement

    I never see any attempt to access floppy.

    I've unplgged everything except the video card.

    Same symptoms.

    I attempted a emergency flash (Ctrl-Home at power on). Floppy is
    never accessed here also.

    If there are any other symptoms I've failed to mention just ask.

    That is part of the problem is such a limited amount of
    symptons.

    Replies are appreciated.

    Feel free to respond to

    Jerry Jeff, Jul 9, 2005