    Is this by design or am I doing it wrong?

    I know that this is a budget board but jees! Even my $50 ECS board had
    SMART as an option and it's already ancient by comparison.

    Gonzo, Sep 27, 2004

  2. Are you hitting CTRl+F1 from the *main* BIOS screen, and not from
    within any sublevels?

    Ryan

    Ryan J. Paque, Sep 28, 2004

  3. Gonzo

    Gonzo Guest

    Im hitting it from the main BIOS Screen and all I get the F1 help screen.

    I tried it at boot up also and all it does is cause the keyboard to beep at
    me.

    I think that Gigabyte needs to change their FAQ to reflect that not all
    their boards have this option as it appears that mine doesn't have it.

    Gonzo, Sep 29, 2004
  4. Gigabyte needs to do a LOT to improve manuals and FAQ's... like maybe
    hire somebody who speaks English to PROOFREAD them. :) There were
    several instances in my MB manual where I had to re-read something a
    couple times before the crazy-English made some sense.

    Stupid question: did you try both ctrl keys? Thinking back to my
    programming days, ctrl+f1 should be interpreted completely differently
    than f1 by itself, and shouldn't bring up the f1 help menu, regardless
    of their being a ctrl+f1 help screen.

    You're right... there should be a list somewhere that lists all the MB
    that have this "special feature." My GA-71XE did not have it either.
    And of course, its not listed in the MB manuals at all. Unless I'm
    blind. :)

    Ryan

    Ryan J. Paque, Oct 1, 2004
  5. Gonzo

    Gonzo Guest

    Aw crap. I found it.

    1)I was looking for a new menu to pop up when all it did was actually only
    slightly change the existing menu that was on the screen to begin with.
    Easy not to notice.

    2)I was apparently not doing it from the main screen I guess.

    Live and learn. Im glad I found it.

    Why the hell does this have to be hidden anyway!?!. Dumb Idea IMO. Never
    seen any other MB maker do this crap. Does Gigabyte think we are all
    idiots? Sheesh!

    Gonzo, Oct 2, 2004