    He have tried different HDs with same result.
    Any advice??

    P8P67 Pro (Rev 3.1)

    Thomas Andersson, Jun 1, 2011

  2. Thomas Andersson

    Rob Guest

    If he is trying to install an operating system to a new drive
    on a new system, he needs to make the CD/DVD drive the default
    boot device and have the OS installation disc in it before
    booting.
    HTH,

    Rob, Jun 2, 2011

  3. I recently installed a p8p67le in my computer. I had a pig of a time trying to
    get that thing to boot off the old ide drive I had my OS on, in fact I had to
    remove all sata devices to get it to recognize the ide hdd as a possibility for
    booting off (and show it as such in the bios screen). After reattaching the
    sata drives it will now boot of the ide drive --- BUT:

    half the time the turkey does not even post when I try to turn it on from cold.
    This happened a few times during system build, but I thought at the time it was
    due to my fiddling with the hardware and the problems with the drives I tried
    to attach (hell, I even ended up replacing a perfectly good ide optical drive
    because I thought maybe it was interfering with the post/boot process due to
    some bios feebleness) but the problem has cropped up again after the computer
    has been operating for a few weeks now. Takes 3-10 attempts of hitting the
    power on button before it will finally post. Most of the time the lights come
    on, drives spin up, nothing happens, lights go off again. Takes a wee time out,
    then the same again without me even touching it. Eventually it gives up. So
    I've been running it 24/7 so long as we don't have a power outage or I'm going
    away for a couple of days.

    Anyone else had problems of this nature? I am seriously starting to think about
    trying to get a refund and going to a different brand mobo. I bought a new
    antec psu to go with it, I doubt that that is at fault, and the on-board
    battery should be good really?

    -P.

    Peter Huebner, Jun 3, 2011