    Can I disable the Creator 3D and use the PGX24 only?

    Thanks
    Steven

    Steven Nie, Jul 23, 2003

  2. Creator3D is mandatory if you want to work in front of your machine.
    (IMHO) Get a 13W3 adapter and be happy ever after.
    Yes, the easiest way is probably to take out the Creator card physically.
    Then the PGX will become default output-device provided a keyboard is present.

    /wfr
    Fredrik

    Fredrik Lundholm, Jul 23, 2003

  3. Steven Nie

    Chris Morgan Guest

    yes, you can. but you need to use the console to do this for boot time
    graphics, and you obviously need an OS to change OS settings.

    As Frederik said, probably the easiest way for no money outlay is to
    take out the Creator card. However that card is much faster than the
    on-board pgx24. I would highly recommend, instead, just getting the
    adapter. They cost about $20 on ebay IIRC.

    If you want to get it working now and worry about performance later,
    take out the Creator card, do a reconfiguration boot, force the
    console to be on the pgx24 card always, then put the Creator card back
    in and use it only from XWindows by altering the Xservers file. All
    the detailed info on how to do all these things can be found in the
    archives of this newsgroup on Google.
    --
    Chris Morgan
    "Post posting of policy changes by the boss will result in

    - anonymous correspondent

    Chris Morgan, Jul 24, 2003