    I accomplished it simply by formatting in VirtualPC. But I was wondering if
    there is a way, in Mac OS, to format a disk for FAT and so on. Maybe through
    a Terminal command line?

    Tim Murray, Nov 17, 2003

  2. newfs_msdos

    Fred

    Frederick Cheung, Nov 17, 2003

  3. The option is there in Disk Utility. In the selection pane on the left
    side of the window under each drive is a list of volumes, or partitions.
    Since Disk Utility doesn't support MS-DOS partitions it needs to erase
    and format the entire disk as MS-DOS, so select the *drive* icon, not
    the volume icon under it. You should then get an extra formatting option
    called MS-DOS File System.

    Roger Johnstone, Nov 18, 2003