No DVD Support

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Dylan C, Dec 19, 2007.

  1. Dylan C

    Dylan C Guest

    Over Thanksgiving weekend I reformatted my computer and reinstalled
    windows xp home sp2. Since that time, I've been having trouble with my
    optical drive(s). For some reason my drive doesn't read "pressed" DVDs.
    This includes all video discs as well as some data discs. I can read
    burned discs just fine.

    First I thought the drive was shot so I swapped it out with another and
    got the same results. The original drive is now in an external
    enclosure and is reading all discs with no issues when connected to my
    laptop. However, that same drive in the same external enclosure (USB)
    will not read DVDs when connected to the desktop pc.

    I reloaded the latest VIA drivers for my chipset hoping that might fix
    it, but no luck. That was my best shot. Anyone have an experience like
    this before?

    -Dylan C

    System details:
    Abit AV8