no output from new motherboard and processor

Discussion in 'IBM' started by Nick, Aug 11, 2003.

  1. Nick

    Nick Guest

    Hi

    I am trying to replace the motherboard and processor in my PC and have
    bought a 2.0 Celeron processor and an ECS P4VMM2 board. I'm trying to
    use the SDRAM from my previous build. The only jumper settings I have
    changed are the ones to use SDRAM rather than DDRAM slots, and the
    voltage selector for the memory.

    When I power up the fans spin but there is no output to the monitor,
    no beeps - no indication that anything is running other than the fans
    and the power LED. How can I go about diagnosing the problem?

    also what is the minimum i need to get some kind of output - should i
    see/hear something with just the processor and motherboard installed?

    thanks

    Nick

    Nick, Aug 11, 2003

  2. Nick

    NuT CrAcKeR Guest

    clear your bios...

    unlplug the power supply, and pop the little battery off the board for a
    couple minutes.

    put it back together and powerup (the littlt batter must be installed before
    you power up)

    NuTs

    NuT CrAcKeR, Aug 13, 2003