No Post Messages=Motherboard Dead or Dead CPU?

Discussion in 'Motherboards' started by Tygerx, Mar 26, 2006.

  1. Tygerx

    Tygerx Guest

    Hello,

    I'be been building and fixing my own PC for some time.

    This morning when I turned my PC on, all that happened were the fans
    turned and no video at all .I replaced all the componets I could and
    now I'm left with the mainboard or the CPU for which I have no spares
    to swap out.

    My question is when I turn the PC on and there is nothing, no POST
    messages, beeps or anything does that indicate a mainboard problem or
    could a bad cpu cause the same symptoms?

    I would think if I turned it on even with or without a bad CPU I
    should still get POST messages.....right?

    Thanks for any help.

    ~t

    Tygerx, Mar 26, 2006