No Post MSI-K7N2 Please Help..!!

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Dj_Crazy, Nov 29, 2006.

1. Dj_Crazy

Dj_Crazy

Hi, I have a MSI-K7N2 board with an AMD K7 3200+ (overclocked) processor.
    This board started shutting down without posting a week ago after using it for about 8 months overclocked, I cleared the CMOS and got it to post in SAFE MODE (100 mhz) with J10 jumper but after setting the bios to default and changing the J10 jumper back to 133/166 it would shutdown with no post.
    I flashed the BIOS and got it to work with the J10 jumper on 133/166 and I went to overclock it again (with lower settings of course), I noticed that increasing the CPU Voltage would make the board to shutdown so I left it in default.
    After a few overclock tests the BIOS froze and I had to restart the system, now I won't even POST, makes no beeping noises, nothing :mad: . I attempted to recover the BIOS with a floppy disk, but it didn't work.
    I need help with this board, can anyone tell me what else could it be and how can I fix it. :confused: :confused: :confused:

NOTE: I verified memory & processor already, tested the board with mem & proc. only (no video card, no pci cards), did any other basic no post troubleshooting also.

Dj_Crazy, Nov 29, 2006
Ask a Question