No Response during MIDI input test

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by Tom Gonzalez, Jun 29, 2003.

  1. Tom  Gonzalez

    Tom Gonzalez Guest

    I get no sound when I attempt to play *.mid file or from a
    midi device (Yamaha PSR-170 keyboard). In the MIDI
    device drop down menu, SBLive! MIDI UART is the only
    option. I can play .wav, .mp3 files no problem.

    I loaded Voyetra's "Teach me piano". Everything seems to
    work just fine except that during the "MIDI input test", I get
    no sound from my computer when I kit the keys of the
    keyboard."

    I am using a MIDI adaptor. I have double checked to In-
    Out ports. I do not have any IRQ conflicts. The MIDI
    function on my keyboard is enabled.

    There is a solution!"

    http://www.giantcompany.com

    Tom Gonzalez, Jun 29, 2003

  2. Tom  Gonzalez

    Neil Deadman Guest

    Is the volume turned up? Sounds obvious but.......

    Neil Deadman, Jun 29, 2003

  3. Tom  Gonzalez

    John K Guest

    Have you got Midi In going to Midi Out in your cables? The two midi plugs
    do not go, as you might suppose, In to In and Out to Out, but rather In to
    Out in both cases. But then again, you probably have done this correctly
    anyway.
    HTH
    John Kelly

    John K, Jun 30, 2003
  4. Tom  Gonzalez

    Tom Gonzalez Guest

    Thanks for the help. I finally got it to work by replacing the MIDI adapter
    cable with a new one.

    There is a solution!"

    http://www.giantcompany.com

    Tom Gonzalez, Jul 6, 2003