    Any help is appreciated,

    Thanks in advance,

    Bipin

    bipinchawla, Jul 18, 2006

  2. In comp.os.linux.advocacy,
    <>
    wrote
    Assuming your HP is in fact running Linux (unless
    you're *really* going far afield!), you're
    not quite in the right newsgroup - this is COLA
    "abandon-all-hope-all-ye-who-enter-here" territory,
    whose denizens, myself included, love to argue about the
    finer points of completely unrelated gunk which might have
    some relevance to Linux on an occasional basis -- or not.
    comp.os.linux.misc or comp.os.linux.setup might give you
    better results for similar problems in the future.

    However, I suspect all you're running into is a bit of
    a misunderstanding. X does not recognize Ctrl-Alt-Del as
    a reset request [*]. Ctrl-Alt-Backspace, yes -- though
    that's a bit drastic; it kills the X server if the X
    server is sane enough, and if it's insane, you might as
    well forget it and telnet/ssh in from another machine,
    or use Alt/SysRq, if one's Linux kernel is configured for it,
    and hope for the best.

    [*] some of the clients might intercept it, though, but
    it won't be treated as a reboot request. It will instead
    be treated, in most installations, as a press of the Del
    key with Ctrl and Alt modifiers, plus one will alsl pick
    up the Ctrl and Alt keypresses as well. Depending on which
    Del key is pressed (most keyboards have two, one in the
    six-pad and one in the numeric keypad area, just below "3"),
    the results may be slightly different, depending on which
    app actually sees the keypresses.

    The Ghost In The Machine, Jul 19, 2006

  3. bipinchawla

    Jez T Guest

    Update the Firmware for the iLO, the server, the RAID card, and apply the
    latest PSP (Proliant Support Pack) from the HP website
    Call HP and see if they can talk you through the problem
    If you're attached to the iLO via a browser, I thought you needed to send a
    Ctrl+Alt+Del via the browser. Also, when you're using the iLO, you should
    find that the server console does not respond at all => Ctrl+Alt+Del on the
    console will not do anything.

    Jez T, Jul 19, 2006