No sound from Keyboard into Live!

Discussion in 'Soundblaster Live' started by depilated, Oct 10, 2007.

  1. depilated

    depilated Guest

    Hi,

    I cannot get sound I play from a Yamaha PSR-275 keyboard going line-in
    to a Live! card. (keyboard out to line in on Live! card). PC Mode is
    off.

    1) If I unplug the keyboard's output wire, I hear what I play through
    the speakers on the keyboard.
    2) If I plug the keyboard line-out to my mixer, I hear what I play
    through the mixer's speakers.
    3) If f I plug the keyboard line-out to my mixer and from the rec out
    on the mixer to line in on the Live!, I hear what I play through the
    mixer's speakers and can record, but the audio is terrible (low
    volume, big hum).

    My understanding is the keyboard has an on-board sound mod, and so I'm
    looking to take the output from that sound mod, input it into the
    Live! card and record. Why? My original problem: the keyboard sounds
    tinny if I record the midi first (Cakewalk) and then record the audio
    tracks from the midi.

    Any help would be appreciated, thanks!

    Cheryl

    depilated, Oct 10, 2007