    work UNTIL i restart the pc, then same error. I have the ECS L7A7S somwthing
    like that motherboard, dont feel like looking it up. I tried reinstalling
    directx, still nothing. Please help!

    Luvmy96honda, Aug 11, 2004

  2. Which soundcard drivers are you using? If you used Windows Update, it
    will install Microsoft's own stock driver, which is considerably
    inferior. You can get the latest drivers at www.creative.com under the
    support section.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Aug 11, 2004

  3. Luvmy96honda

    Luvmy96honda Guest

    i alreayd have the latest drivers by nvidia.

    Luvmy96honda, Aug 12, 2004
  4. Luvmy96honda

    Lenny Guest

    No, not Nvidia. :) CREATIVE.

    Go to their site (or www.soundblaster.com) and look in the support section.
    Follow the instructions and you should be presented with the option to use
    an automatic driver updater program. Install it according to the
    instructions, and let it download new sound drivers for you. Hopefully
    everything should work after that.

    Lenny, Aug 12, 2004
  5. Run DXDiag.exe and see if the sound tests works. This uses DirectSound.

    Have you tried the configuration for the cross-fading DS output plug in?
    Does it work with other output plug ins? If you upgraded yer
    installation of DirectX, sometimes the Device GUID change and you have
    to reselect the output device in the configuration for the plug in.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Aug 12, 2004