    the DIN cable doesn't change much. Please help me cause I can't seem
    to find a sollution to the problem. Waithing for your reply!
    Greetings!

    Kamil Urban, Aug 18, 2004

  2. Try setting yer speaker output mode to "Digital Output Only" in Surround
    Mixer when playing back DVDs. Since yer say it work with PowerDVD
    decoding the sound in 2 and 4 speaker modes, I'm guessing you have a
    Live!5.1 series card.

    If that is the case make sure that AC-3 decode is unchecked in advanced
    options in the speaker configuration applet.

    Sharanga Dayananda, Aug 18, 2004

  3. Kamil Urban

    Lenny Guest

    This should not matter. All that switch does is muting the analog outputs,
    it doesn't actually affect the digital out...

    Lenny, Aug 18, 2004
  4. Kamil Urban

    Kamil Urban Guest

    Hi Thanks for your answer. "Digital Output Only" is checked. My card
    is the SBLive! Platinium version not the Live!5.1. As for the AC-3
    decode I read about this option a couple of times but I can't seem to
    find it in my settings. I am using the surround mixer ver. 2.00.29
    which is said to be the newest version for this card. On Creatives
    site there is an article in the Knowledgabase which is about disabling
    AC-3 decoding but it refers to another program (the interface looks
    different). If you have any idea what the problem is I would be
    gratefull!
    Greetings!
    Kamil

    Kamil Urban, Aug 19, 2004
  5. Kamil Urban

    Kamil Urban Guest

    Ok. I called Creative support and they explained the thing about the
    AC-3 decode option. The cards before 5.1 don't decode AC-3 so there is
    no option to disable it. As for my main problem they don't have any
    idea...
    Can anyone help?

    Kamil Urban, Aug 19, 2004
  6. Kamil Urban

    Lenny Guest

    Actually, the Live 5.1 doesn't decode 5.1 EITHER. It's all done in software
    in the drivers. What the 5.1 version does have however is an extra stereo
    speaker output, previous cards only supported four speakers maximum.
    Start Powerdvd and run a movie. Right-click and bring up the preferences
    window. Select the information tab. Scroll down and see if the program has
    identified the digital output and is using it. Go to the sound tab. Verify
    the speaker environment is set as SPDIF. If all these are OK and you still
    don't get dolby digital you'll have to turn to PowerDVD support, but they're
    all indians who know sweet fanny adams about anything. I can't get DD or DTS
    out my SPDIF either from my Audigy2 ZS and they couldn't answer even the
    simplest of questions. Good luck with them, you'll need it. ^ ^
    Fortunately I have a native 5.1 sound system, I just use the analog
    outputs, but not everybody has that option. I don't recommend powerdvd
    anymore, for starters they "update" the program annually and you'll have to
    pay $70 all over again, but the difference is minimal and support is
    TERRIBLE. I sure as hell won't buy the next version...

    Lenny, Aug 19, 2004