No sound, Windows XP, sound blaster CT4740, Please HELP

Discussion in 'Hardware' started by whoopsy, Aug 29, 2004.

  1. whoopsy

    whoopsy Guest

    I recently moved to a new apartment - when I hooked up my pc for the
    first time in my new place, no sound, I assumed there was some type of
    damage to the card.

    Just in case, I checked everything
    - no conflicts
    - device is enabled
    - volume up
    - speakers tested independently, they work
    - nothing on mute
    - tried a number of drivers, number of PCI slots

    I then purchased SoundBlaster 16 PCI CT4740 cheaply confident it was a
    hardware problem. Windows XP did the initial install retrieving its
    own drivers. After a reboot, no sound. I installed off of the CD,
    latest drivers from the CreativeLabs website, forced XP to use them,
    and still no sound!! Now I'm just confused. If not a hardware
    problem, what else am i missing. Any help would be greatly
    appreciated.

    - Dan

    whoopsy, Aug 29, 2004