No USB 2.0 - MA785GM-USH2

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by jacks, May 3, 2010.

  1. jacks

    jacks Guest

    Maybe someone out there can help.

    I have a MA785GM-USH2 MB (rev 1.0). The system was recently built and
    everything works perfectly.

    However, I cannot get the USB ports to work as anything other than USB
    1.1

    I installed a dual boot of XP and Linux (Mandriva). Both installed
    fine and XP then upgraded to SP3

    The drivers in Device Manager show Standard OpenHCD USB Host
    Controller. There is no mention of Enhanced drivers.

    I have just ordered a Flash drive with 2.0 interface to see if it
    tells me that the driver is not operating at full speed.

    Reinstalled all ATI drivers as per Gigabytes directions. Still nothing
    changes.

    1. Should I see a different driver in the Device Driver window?
    2. Any thoughts on how to get this to work?

    As a side note, Linux shows the mouse as 2.0 but running at 1.1.While
    I cannot expect them to support Linux, XP should work.

    Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

    jacks, May 3, 2010

  2. jacks

    Paul Guest

    Check your BIOS setup screen, in the USB section.
    Some boards allow disabling USB2 in there.
    For example, see

    "USB EHCI Controller" [Enabled]

    The fact you can get a port to operate
    at USB 1.1, tells me there probably isn't a problem
    with bus power on the port. So the wires themselves are
    all likely working.

    HTH,
    Paul

    Paul, May 3, 2010

  3. jacks

    jackiesue Guest

    Thank you, that was it.

    Do you know I went back and forth with Gigabyte about 6 times and they
    never once suggested I check the bios.

    jackiesue, May 6, 2010
  4. jacks

    Paul Guest