[NOCREATE] RWFactory : no create function for class with ID 1201 (ox4b1)

Discussion in 'Tablet PC' started by jk, Jul 17, 2004.

  1. jk

    ophadura Guest

    I got myself into a pickle that seems like yours after doing a "Window
    Update" including drivers for the 4600. "Hey, it must be safe, it i
    provided by Microsoft!" (no spam please, that was a joke)

    You wouldn't believe it, but I found your post while looking for th
    solution. The fact that you narrowed it down to the printer drive
    allowed me to fix mine. Thanks for the help! Here's my payback...

    No guarantees, but here's what I did.

    Download the latest driver from HP web site. Expand it into a director
    somewhere. (don't install it yet)

    Boot. Don't open any applications. I missed this in your posting
    whether this happens on boot or on application startup -- mine was onl
    happening when I loaded MSWord 2003 -- having read your post, I didn'
    try to delete my printer install. If you have office quickstart bar
    or any other load-on-start application which loads printer drivers
    disable them? (I don't have qs.)

    Go to add printer wizard, add a new printer. When you have a choice
    choose "Have disk" and browse to the expanded new driver.

    When prompted to "keep existing" or "replace current driver" choos
    replace.

    That's what I did -- I seem to be fine now. This is the second tim
    windows update for drivers bit me. The first was on my video card, bu
    that's another story.

    If that doesn't work, or if you are crashing on boot, fire up th
    registry editor, and be careful to make exports before you do anything
    I haven't had to do this, but here's the rough process for forcing ou
    a printer. (the driver and files and whatever other registry keys i
    may have made are still there, just the printer is gone)

    Delete this key and reboot:
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Window
    NT\CurrentVersion\Print\Printers\HP Color LaserJet 4600 PCL 6

    If that isn't enough, to kill the driver altogether, try deleting thi
    key
    HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Print\Environments\Window
    NT x86\Drivers\Version-3\HP Color LaserJet 4600 PCL 6

    Of course, neither of those methods would be recommended by anyone wh
    knew what they were doing. Free help is worth every penny

    ophadura, Jul 27, 2004