    I am looking for a mobile phone tool for my Nokia camera phone. I have
    a DSU USB serial cable which shows up under the USB settings as USB
    Data cable - Silicon Labs.

    navti, May 27, 2007

  2. I haven't found a company that consistently and painlessly allowed
    synchronizing phones with MacOS X. I did find Datapilot from Susteen:

    http://www.datapilot.com/

    but found that while it could access my old phone (Samsung A630) via a
    datacable I bought from them, it could not access my Verizon KRAZR with
    the cable that Motorola sells in the Verizon store. I was able to
    access my phone via BlueTooth when I bought a Bluetooth USB dongle which
    cost about as much as the Verizon cable. I can copy pictures, movies,
    and music to/from the phone, which is good enough for me. There's
    supposedly a iSync hack you can do to make it recognize the Verizon
    KRAZR but I haven't bothered.

    If your phone does Bluetooth as well as your Macintosh, you might be OK.
    Otherwise, I wouldn't hold my breath.

    Good luck.

    Michael Vilain, May 27, 2007

  3. navti

    Ilgaz Öcal Guest

    I have a fairly advanced Nokia 9300 here having latest firmware and
    cable, there seems no way to browse/do anything on phone with the cable.

    I think the OP (Navti) should bring cable back to store and get
    bluetooth dongle after making sure it doesn't work with OS X.

    It is also future safe, cheap solution. Bluetooth can work with any phone.

    Ilgaz

    Ilgaz Öcal, May 27, 2007
  4. navti

    Ron Parsons Guest

    You might try PhoneDirector 1.2.1 or later.

    http://www.macmedia.sk/

    Ron Parsons, May 28, 2007