    I miss?

    Thanks!!

    Davoud

    Davoud, May 1, 2006

  2. Best bet, have her contact Aspyr. IIRC, Aspyr ported that one. They
    should be able to help her.

    Howard S Shubs, May 2, 2006

  3. Davoud

    Nigel Guest

    She most likely installed it in her applications folder rather than the
    system -> applications folder so no other users can get to it but her. The
    SIMs works fine on our machine for all users so it can be done.

    Nigel, AUSTRALIA

    Nigel, May 2, 2006
  4. Davoud

    Davoud Guest

    I never heard of System > Applications. I have only System > Library.
    Do you think that creating an "Applications" folder in System and
    dragging the Sims folder to the new Applications folder will work?

    Thanks!

    Davoud

    Davoud, May 2, 2006
  5. Davoud

    Wes Groleau Guest

    I suspect he wastrying to distinguish the system's folder
    ( /Applications )
    from the user's folder
    ( ~/Applications )

    Wes Groleau, May 2, 2006
  6. Davoud

    Nigel Guest

    Sorry to not be more clear. Indeed, if you double click on your harddrive to
    open the finder and then click the hard drive icon you will see an
    applications folder (/Applications). You will see all your applications live
    there and in fact is the folder from which each user sees applications.

    Now click on the icon with your username (its the one with the house icon)
    you see in there another folder called applications (user or
    ~/Applications). Click on this and you will see only the applications you
    can access and other users can not. I guess this allows OSX to keep things
    separated between users if the need arises.

    Confusing isn't it.

    Nigel, May 2, 2006
  7. Davoud

    Davoud Guest

    Now I understand. That isn't the issue -- the computer has only one
    Applications folder, the one at the top level of the HD, and the
    would-be game player can access all of the applications in it -- except
    the Sims! Thanks for taking time to reply.

    Davoud

    Davoud, May 2, 2006
  8. Is she using fast user switching, with both of them trying to run the
    game at the same time? If so, have your SIL quit the game, and then see
    if the daughter can run it.

    If that is not the problem, have her temporarily give her daughter admin
    privileges, and then try to run the game from the daughter's account.

    If her daughter can run the game when her account is an admin account,
    have your SIL change the permissions (from the Get Info window) for the
    game to allow everyone access to it.

    If that doesn't fix the problem, I give up.

    Michelle Steiner, May 2, 2006
  9. Davoud

    Simon Slavin Guest

    Have her delete the application, then get her daughter to log in and
    install it. See if you get the same problem the other way around.

    Simon.

    Simon Slavin, May 4, 2006
  10. Davoud

    Davoud Guest

    Thanks. By coincidence I drove to NY from my home in MD yesterday and
    stopped at SIL's home along the way. I deleted everything, logged into
    the non-admin acct, and reinstalled -- entering SIL's admin password on
    demand. No go. It has me baffled because Little Nice can access all the
    other software that SIL installed under her own account. Could be
    peculiar to the game. It probably doesn't matter much, because --
    against my advice -- Little Niece knows SIL's admin PW and can log in
    and play it from her account.

    Davoud

    Davoud, May 5, 2006
  11. [joining late so this might have already have been addressed].

    Does this software work on other admin accounts?

    I ran into a piece of software one (sadly I can't recall which one)
    which was dumb enough to install some crucial files in ~/Library rather
    than in /Library which essentially meant it could only be used by the
    person who installed it (admin or otherwise).

    André

    André G. Isaak, May 5, 2006
  12. Davoud

    Simon Slavin Guest

    Must be something weird to do with the application. Perhaps it has some files in

    /Library/Application Support

    which it installed with admin privs. Whatever it is, it's a design fault with the application and the people who wrote it might be able to help.

    Simon.

    Simon Slavin, May 7, 2006
  13. Davoud

    danjuarez11 Guest

    Try changing the permissions on the application (game) itself - the one
    the resides in the application folder. Give 'everyone' permission to
    read and write to it.

    danjuarez11, May 8, 2006