Non-dropping-ranking-system like Battlefield 2.

Discussion in 'Nvidia' started by Skybuck Flying, Aug 19, 2009.

  1. Hello,

    Battlefield 2 has a pretty smart ranking system, it works like this:

    People never drop in rank, they can only rise in rank.

    This prevents people from getting scared of playing the game.

    This also assures that people keep playing the game and try fun
    stuff/things.

    It doesn't matter if they screw up because they can't loose ranks.

    At the same time it also means that good players will rise faster in rank
    than bad players...

    So the ranking is still in affect.

    Other games use "droppable-ranking-systems"... where players could loose
    ranks...

    Here players could be "scared" of playing.

    Or scared of "having fun".

    I don't think that's a good idea.

    So Battlefield 2's ranking system is superb for games which are all about
    having fun ! ;)

    I think all games should have ranking systems like Battlefield 2 ! ;) :)

    Maybe even allow unlimited rank climbing =D

    Bye,
    Skybuck.

    Skybuck Flying, Aug 19, 2009