Non-Gamer, Non-Overclocker... B85-G41 decent Mobo?

Discussion in 'MSI' started by Rivrbyte, Mar 14, 2014.

  1. Rivrbyte

    Rivrbyte

    Joined:
    Mar 14, 2014
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    I have posted here in regards to a new Mobo failure while building a new rig, but now I'm second guessing this B85G41, and maybe should have gone in a different direction.

    I just bought a MSI B85-G41, but I don't GAME, or OVERCLOCK .
    I primarily use Photoshop CS5 Extended, and video editing with Pinnacle Studio 15 HD Ult. (I'm hoping this B85 chipset will be fine)
    I don't know what benefits if any, I would get with the Z87 Chipset.

    (This new build consists of the i7 4770 Haswell, 16 GB DDR3 1600, EVGA GTX-650 (1mb) a regular 1280X1024 20" Viewsonic Widescreen, (BUT, I would love a 22"-24" IPS LED HD monitor and a GTX-770 (4GB), but too expensive.

    So given my specs, does it really matter if I get a B85, or Z87 1150 Chipset? Are there any major differences, if I don't game?
    Thanks!
    Have a nice Day!

    Rivrbyte, Mar 14, 2014