    "This computer appears to have a non-standard or invalid master boot
    record."

    What's that about?

    J Sims, Dec 1, 2003

  2. J Sims

    WSZsr Guest

    WSZsr, Dec 1, 2003

  3. J Sims

    J Sims Guest

    Are you saying that the older fdisk/mbr is better than fixmbr from the
    Recovery console?

    What I want to know is, Did the Dell computer originally come with a
    non-standard mbr and if so, then Why and Is there any reason why I shouldn't
    change it?

    J Sims, Dec 1, 2003
  4. J Sims

    Tom Swift Guest

    Performing a clean install will remove the old master boot record. In
    general, there is no reason for you to touch the master boot record unless
    it has been infacted by a virus.

    Tom Swift

    Tom Swift, Dec 1, 2003
  5. J Sims

    WSZsr Guest

    No "non-standard" MBR for Dell. Change it all you like. Haven't used the
    recovery console fixmbr so I can answer that question.

    WSZsr, Dec 1, 2003