    In my case, swapping power supplies did not help. I even swapped BIOS
    chips. So, in my case, I think the mobo really is bad.

    Joe

    joekrahn, May 23, 2005

  2. joekrahn

    Paul Blais Guest

    Well you can upgrade to a 2468. If you have loaded hard drives with an
    O/S they will run and boot on the 2468. It's close to being the same
    but is a lot more flexible with RAM options. My 2466 died like yours.
    It ran great 24 x 7 and then suddenly would not.

    I move the drives and CPU over with new ram and booted up fine. These
    days I don't try to fix motherboards. The time and eneergy is less
    than a new board.

    Paul Blais, May 23, 2005

  3. Visually inspect all the electrolytic capacitors for signs of bulging or
    leaking.

    DS

    David Schwartz, May 24, 2005