    reinstall everything.

    What happened with Norton Ghost that it would not work on the Raid setup? I
    saw nowhere on the Symantec site about anything on raid.

    EFK, Sep 6, 2003

  2. EFK

    Bob Davis Guest

    I don't think Ghost is compatible with SATA...yet. You're not the first
    who's experienced problems. You might check the Symantec site for updates
    or FAQ's.

    Bob Davis, Sep 7, 2003

  3. EFK

    Samson S Guest

  4. Instead of using Ghost....I recommend getting yourself a copy of BootItNG.
    Not only is it great for multibooting, but you can use it to make images of
    your drives. It is quick and does a great job. BootItNG does not care what
    kind of drive you are imaging or booting from. It will even pull a boot
    image burned on a CD-R and paste it to a boot partition. My experience on
    my 8KNXP Ultra has been that it will work with all three RAIDs (IDE, SATA,
    and SCSI). I have not tried the drives unRAIDed but I cannot imagine that it
    would not work. I have burned partition images (a partition that is 1.6 gigs
    will shrink small enough to be to fit on an CD-R for remote archival, and
    can be pulled from the CD Rom either using the installed version of BootIt
    or the boot disk from BootIt.

    BOFH

    Bastard Operator from Hell, Sep 9, 2003