Norton Ghost or Drive Image ok for use with a Restore Partition?

Discussion in 'HP' started by Si, Jan 5, 2004.

  1. Si

    Si Guest

    I've a HP Pavilion 733.uk.

    It's 80 Gig Hard Drive has the now familiar 4GB+ Recovery partition.

    I've just completed a restore and put all my applications back on one by
    one, set up the PC as I like it and it's working well, so I'd like to use a
    utility like Norton Ghost or Powerquest Drive Image to create a backup of
    the c:\ Drive - effectively the user partition, allowing me to restore next
    time without the rigmarole of inserting CD after CD and re-installing
    drivers, re-setting settings etc.

    Is this safe to do? In light of the fact that HP do not supply restore CDs,
    I'd be afraid of overwriting my Recovery Partition with a restore operation
    by one of these utilities....

    Am I worrying without reason to do so?

    Thanks,

    Simon.

    Si, Jan 5, 2004

  2. Si

    Harry Avant Guest

    I have a computer with a C and D partition. I have restored the C
    partition a couple of times using Ghost and it had no effect on the D
    drive, so I don't think you have much to worry about.

    Harry

    Harry Avant, Jan 5, 2004