    kinds of video runs in full screen without problems (DVD, AVI, QT
    etc). All drivers are up to date, and Windows runs without problems.

    Does anyone here know what could cause this?

    ceed, Mar 12, 2008

  2. ceed

    Val Guest

    Try turning off Hardware Acceleration in the display properties.
    Personalize | Display Settings | Advanced Settings | Troubleshoot

    Assuming your driver doesn't prohibit any such change (as my ATI Xpress 200M
    does, sigh)

    Val

    Hi,

    I am not able to play any Flash based video (like YouTube) in full
    screen on my HP laptop. When I select full screen mode I am left with a
    black screen while sound continues to play. I then click "Esc" and I'm
    back to video playback within the web-site.

    My laptop has Intel 965 graphics and runs Windows Vista. All other

    Val, Mar 13, 2008

  3. ceed

    BillW50 Guest

    In ceed typed on 12 Mar 2008 15:52:44 GMT:
    I had a similar problem. Although I believe it had to do with WMV and
    not FLV formats. But maybe not, it was so long ago. And the fix was
    going into Windows Media Player's options and telling it not to enable
    full screen. Yes the opposite from what you think. And web based videos
    started playing in full screen again. Weird I know. Give it a shot,
    maybe it will work.

    BillW50, Mar 14, 2008
  4. ceed

    eob388 Guest

    i have the same problem!
    its so inconvenient so watch movies now =[
    did you ever find a working solution?!!

    eob388, Mar 21, 2008
  5. ceed

    Nemesis Guest

    I found a solution...it came to me with what val had said. When you
    go to youtube or the site to play the flash video start it playing.
    Right click on the video and go to settings. there you will see a
    window open up for the flash player settings. It will say hardware
    acceleration. Just uncheck that and it should work. Hope this helps
    I know it worked for me.

    Nemesis, Mar 24, 2008
  6. ceed

    tre

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Miami ( currently Amsterdam)
    I always told my girl you can find almost anything you need to know online..

    thats how I ended up on here actually cause for weeks I had that 'full screen' issue.. I restarted, updated drivers, formatted, re-installed vista and all that lol and sh*t still didnt work..

    But anyways shout out to Nemesis cause now I got it going....It's going so good it gots me on here now...so keep doing what yall doing and Ima be around

    tre, Mar 31, 2008
  7. ceed

    tre

    Joined:
    Mar 31, 2008
    Messages:
    2
    Likes Received:
    0
    Location:
    Miami ( currently Amsterdam)
    Not forgetting Val.. good looking on the tip.. my pc feels new again:cool:

    tre, Mar 31, 2008
  8. ceed

    shaun Guest

    This is all caused by a recent Adobe flash update. Refer 'How do I vie
    a video in full screen mode?' (http://tinyurl.com/yvhp4y

    shaun, Apr 2, 2008
  9. ceed

    ceed Guest

    shaun wrote:

    |This is all caused by a recent Adobe flash update. Refer 'How do I
    |view a video in full screen mode?' (http://tinyurl.com/yvhp4y)

    I recently installed an updated Flash player, and now full screen works.

    ceed, May 16, 2008