not too off topic, cooler to fit on a KX7-333R

Discussion in 'Abit' started by Kokoro, Aug 13, 2004.

  1. Kokoro

    Kokoro Guest

    Hi,

    My Coolermaster Xdream1 fan is dieing. I need another cooler to fit on the
    board and help the little overclocked XP2700+ keep cool.

    I dont want to remove the mobo just to change the fan so I am looking for a
    fancooled sink with clips. But its got to be quiet too. I guess its a race
    between a Thermalright SLK-700 and a big adjustable fan, and a Thermaltake
    Silentboost.

    The problem with the Thermaltake sink and fan is that, if its anything like
    the two adjustable thermaltake case fans i have then its controler can only
    be used in a pci slot... which i have none left spare. My xdream1
    controller is poking out of a drilled slot on the front of my lian-li
    case... the controler might be able to be fitted in there.

    Any suggestions?

    Thanks

    Kokoro

    Kokoro, Aug 13, 2004

  2. Kokoro

    Kokoro Guest

    In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, Kokoro ordered an army of hamsters
    to type:

    Thermalright SLK-900A rather :)

    Kokoro, Aug 13, 2004

  3. Kokoro

    Kokoro Guest

    In alt.comp.periphs.mainboard.abit, Kokoro ordered an army of hamsters to
    type:

    i could just change the fan on the xdream but the SLK-900A is surely a
    better cooler....

    Kokoro, Aug 13, 2004