    My final question is: can never disconnect the AC if there isn't the
    battery inside the notebook?! :-OO

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Mar 28, 2008

  2. Mhaxx

    Ralph2 Guest

    It is hard to know whether to take you seriously.. But the first
    question would be... WHY are you removing the battery?

    Ralph2, Mar 28, 2008

  3. Mhaxx

    L.E. Funt Guest

    spit the hook

    L.E. Funt, Mar 29, 2008
  4. Mhaxx

    A Nother Guest

    How sad.
    Of course. How could it be otherwise? You must shut the system down via the
    Windows key before removing power. If you don't you can wreck the software
    and will have to reinstall it.

    A Nother, Mar 29, 2008
  5. Mhaxx

    Mhaxx Guest

    If it hasn't the battery (i.e. because I removed to use the AC) then
    But even if I did it the system crashes! That's no normal in my
    opinion, am I wrong?
    Sorry, but with my desktop PC I can shut it down and unplug it from
    AC, then when I replug it everything will work righ! Why can't I do
    the same with laptop?

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Mar 29, 2008
  6. Mhaxx

    Mhaxx Guest

    question would be... WHY are you removing the battery?

    To preser it since I often work with notebook at home.

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Mar 29, 2008
  7. Mhaxx

    Han Guest

    I think you should know the difference between standby and shut down.

    Standby = low power preservation of the last state of the system, but power
    IS NEEDED to keep that state alive.

    Shut down = finish writing all settings (registry, ini files, flush temp
    files, etc), and prepare machine for zero power. However, many machines
    now keep some power going even if you turn them OFF. Hence the continuing
    discussion whether to unplug the machine if you going to futz with the
    innards (so as not to get a shock, or generate a power surge), or keep it
    plugged in (so as to keep the chassis grounded).

    Han, Mar 29, 2008
  8. Mhaxx

    Mhaxx Guest

    I think you should know the difference between standby and shut down.

    I know.. :)
    Sorry, what's the meaning of "futz with the innards"?
    My definitive question is: can I unplug the laptop from AC even if I
    wait for shut-down end? Maybe I can't explain well but the problem is
    the system crashes when I wait for shout-down end and then uplug the
    AC (without battery inside), too! Is it normal?

    Sorry for my bad English..

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Mar 29, 2008
  9. Mhaxx

    Han Guest

    Fool around with the components inside.

    If you can possibly touch components that have electrical charge or
    voltage on them, it could be bad for them or you. If that possibility
    exists, unplug the machine. I oncetried to move my hobby radio from the
    windowsill, and grabbed a transformer designed to power a good size radio
    with lots of vacuum tubes. I forgot the whole thing was plugged in to a
    Dutch outlet with 220V, 50 Hz. I grabbed it across bare terminals. Not
    that 110V 60 Hz is any easier ...
    I can force my laptop to shut down (bad Vista does not always shut down
    by itself, and I have to hold the power button down to force the thing
    off). Then I can unplug everything form the laptop and remove the
    battery. It will start up just fine when I turn it on (but sometimes it
    asks whether I want to start in safe mode or something else).

    The "crash" is really before or during shutdown when things go wrong, but
    Vista Home Basic is "smart" enough to start OK again. My system has
    something wrong with the driver(s) for the wireless and/or ethernet
    controller. Getting new drivers for the Yukon piece of trash does not
    seem to help. Otherwise the thing runs fine, albeit slow.

    Han, Mar 29, 2008
  10. Mhaxx

    Mhaxx Guest

    I can force my laptop to shut down (bad Vista does not always shut down
    Yes, this is what happens to me: I've just tied and it worked good,
    but sometimes it askes to me to start in safe mode.. and this is what
    I can't understand.

    Thanks,

    Mhaxx

    Mhaxx, Mar 30, 2008
  11. Mhaxx

    Han Guest

    Well, generally I tell it to start in normal mode. I am still having on
    and off problemns with the expletive deleted Yukon Marvell
    radio/ethernet controller. And I cannot get Vasta SP1 to install. Even
    after download the 1/2 GB file, install gives me a Code 800B0100 error,
    and the info about that error is gobbledygook.

    Han, Mar 30, 2008