Nothing happens after power on

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by sponxe, Oct 25, 2005.

  1. sponxe

    sponxe Guest

    Hi,

    I have a GA 8IPE1000-G motherboard with a P4 3.0 Ghz installed and 512
    MB of DDR memory (one single stick).

    Yesterday just seconds after a normal Windows start up the pc froze and
    I had to power it off because no device responded. Then I switched it
    on but since then I have been unable to use it. This is what happens:

    the system and cpu fan start but the screen remains black and the hard
    disk does nothing. Usually when I switch on the pc the monitor also
    switches on (from stand by) but now that does not happen anymore.

    On another pc I have I tried the monitor, the video card, the hard
    disk, and the power supply and they all work fine. This left me with
    doubts about CPU, memory or motherboard but I cannot test them because
    the other pc is pretty outdated.

    Someone had a similar problem?

    I wasn't connected to Internet (I do not have it yet, I am writing from
    an Internet point) and I never messed with BIOS settings or versions. I
    also remember that I did not install any software before I had that
    freeze so I really don't know what to do.

    Thanks for helping

    Angelo

    P.S. Pardon me for my not so good English

    sponxe, Oct 25, 2005