    magically transcribed into a file, I might. . .might just
    write another novel!!!

    GBC

    Gilbert B. Cross, Jul 3, 2003

  2. Gilbert B. Cross

    Chris H. Guest

    Go for it. Why not be the first? And don't dismiss speech on the Tablets.
    With a moderately priced voice microphone/headset (probably $29 or less)
    speech works very, very well on the Tablets with the native software. And
    with the forthcoming Office 2003, voice and Ink has even better support.
    --
    Chris H.
    Microsoft Windows MVP/Tablet PC

    Chris H., Jul 3, 2003

  3. You can write in using Word XP and the Office XP Pack for Tablet PC and it
    will be a word document.

    Linda A. Epstein
    Microsoft MVP ~ Windows XP/Tablet PC
    Editor: www.TabletPc2.com

    Linda A. Epstein ~ MS MVP, Jul 3, 2003
  4. It won't turn into text though. And writing into Word isn't really eloquent
    either. You have to make a box and write in it. Then you have to enlarge the
    box after it is full. And I don't see a function to convert to text either.
    Am I missing something? It seems to me the best way to approach long
    handwritten documents would be to write them in journal, then convert and
    send to Word.

    Patty MacDuffie, Jul 4, 2003
  5. Gilbert B. Cross

    Chris H. Guest

    That's one way, Patty, as you said in your last sentence. The other is to
    use Write Anywhere (on the TIP) in conjunction with Word so you can
    automatically convert to text.

    Journal and OneNote are alternatives, too, but the previously posted
    suggestion isn't the answer.

    As you probably already know, Patty, Office 2003, is more advanced with Ink
    than Office XP with the Pack, and would be more flexible.

    Chris H., Jul 4, 2003
  6. I prefer the input panel with a double line to write anywhere. With write
    anywhere I can't always see what I'm doing. As far as Office goes, I've
    never used Office XP with the Tablet pack. Office 2003 is my only frame of
    reference.
    --
    Patty
    MS MVP for Windows XP

    Patty MacDuffie, Jul 5, 2003
  7. Gilbert B. Cross

    Chris H. Guest

    You know the Write Anywhere "window" is adjustable and can be moved,
    correct? I use it set up on the lower half of the screen, with Word in the
    upper half. :cool:

    Chris H., Jul 5, 2003
  8. Gilbert B. Cross

    terri Guest

    terri, Jul 5, 2003
  9. Gilbert B. Cross

    Chris H. Guest

    Not I, Patty. It started with Win98, I think. Multiple ways to accomplish
    the same thing. Some people are more comfortable with the TIP, others with
    writing directly in the application (Office 2003) and still others using
    Write Anywhere. Not to mention landscape or portrait. :cool:

    Chris H., Jul 6, 2003
  10. My apologies, as I forgot to include that you need to turn on write anywhere
    in order to automatically convert to text in Word. The problem with using
    Journal to write a novel is that each page has to be done separately because
    at this point in time you can not do a select all for multiple pages.

    Linda A. Epstein ~ MS MVP, Jul 6, 2003
  11. Didn't know that, Linda, re Journal. Thanks!

    Patty MacDuffie, Jul 8, 2003