    it under $90 if possible. But I will entertain over that if the board
    is really worth it.

    Thanks.

    Kern, Nov 21, 2007

  2. Kern

    Paul Guest

    AMD boards with AGP. Only one has socket AM2 (the current volume socket for AMD).

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...00022+1073407577&Configurator=&Subcategory=22

    Intel boards with AGP. The AsRock 4CoreDual-SATA2 PT880 board is your best bet.
    It uses DDR memory, like PC3200 stuff. (Download the manual from Asrock.com,
    to learn more about it.)

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...0280+1073407577&Configurator=&Subcategory=280

    For a motherboard like the Asrock, an older P4 Cedar Mill should work OK.
    This is 3GHz and is $72.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819116004

    An alternative would be a Core2 Allendale FSB800. E4xxx series. The E4500
    is $127 and is dual core. You may have a little overclocking headroom,
    by using FSB800. The PT880 chipset doesn't "go to infinity and beyond", which
    is why I'm being conservative in selecting processors for it. FSB1333 would
    be out of the question, and FSB1066 doesn't leave much room for fun.
    But starting at FSB800 and overclocking to FSB1066, should give some
    improvement.

    http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16819115031

    If you could dump the AGP requirement, there'd be a lot more
    room for other selections. If your current AGP card is not
    really a good one, then perhaps there are other alternatives.
    At some point, you have to dump the video :)

    Paul

    Paul, Nov 21, 2007

  3. Kern

    Paul Guest