    newcomers for my language. I feel it needed to be said, and likely will
    need to be again to such a hapless, pointless loser who we can expect to
    undergo a name and sex change in this group any day now.

    S.Lewis, Sep 12, 2005

  2. Tom Scales

    Irene Guest

    It's nice to see that nothing has changed.

    ridicule, insults and name calling.

    The way of alt.sys.pc-clone.dell

    Irene, Sep 13, 2005

  3. Why do you bring Irene to your post?
    Your apparent insult of Irene places you in a similar position as others who
    need to insult to make up for their own shortcomings.

    Jupiter Jones, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    Because Irene has set a standard for whining and trolling in this very group
    that cannot easily be surpassed. That tirade lasting for months or even
    years in its vague and mindless attacks.

    I don't know if that is still true or not, as I killfiled her months ago,
    but it bears relevance in the response directed towards Tom by another known
    troll.

    I'm not going to sit by and let trolls take cheap shots at others here I
    know to be good people. That's my choice and at my discretion.

    My shortcomings aren't really in question here; as I'm here to assist
    others and that's almost exclusively what I've done or attempted to do - and
    will continue to do.

    I respectfully note that you are certainly entitled to your differing
    opinion.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Sep 13, 2005
  5. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    Your language? Hell (Heck, for those easily offended), we *all* use
    the word "goober" at times! <g>

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 13, 2005
  6. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    Jesus Christ, Irene. Will you *ever* get it?

    Stew explained, and quite well, I must say, that there are people,
    who frequent this newsgroup, that that make absolutely zero positive
    contributions.

    Why must we be nice to those people? Assholes deserve to be treated
    like assholes. Please don't tell me that you're one of those people
    who "loves everyone." It would accomplish nothing, other than to
    make me puke.

    Tom recently had problems with Dell, and posted as such. Nevertheless,
    after he came back and said that things worked out, a certain poster
    (one of the afore mentioned assholes) found it necessary to throw a
    Dellbot slam at him. That kind of insult (Just for the record, we all
    laugh like there's no tomorrow, when we're "insulted" with the word,
    "Dellbot.") served no purpose other than to insult <Ha Ha Ha> and
    ridicule, the things you seemed to be so offended about.

    Let me say this as delicately as possible:

    **** you, and the horse you rode in on.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 13, 2005
  7. Tom Scales

    Ben Myers Guest

    Irene,

    Then either bugger off or contribute something positive and helpful to the
    group! ... Ben Myers

    <SNIP>

    Ben Myers, Sep 13, 2005
  8. I beg your pardon, not round *these* parts!

    Sparky Spartacus, Sep 13, 2005
  9. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    OK, a correction...

    "..., except for Sparky, we *all* use the word 'goober'... "

    Better?

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 13, 2005
  10. Then it seems the standard you feel she has set is also your standard.
    Now you should also complain about yourself since you complain about those
    whom you set as your own standards.
    Perhaps you should set a higher standard or risk being a hypocrite.

    Jupiter Jones, Sep 13, 2005
  11. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    "Now you should also complain about yourself since you complain about those
    whom you set as your own standards."

    Huh? <g>

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 13, 2005
  12. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    JJ,

    On the rare occasion I get my fill of these type of people and threr posts,
    and I vent towards those posters who are the source.

    I am indeed a hypocrite on some subjects that are OT in this group. That
    said, I don't feel that calling out known trolls who cross the line (imo) is
    being hypocritical.

    My apology was sincere and was mainly directed at any ladies in the group,
    other regulars who might have been offended, or new lurkers/users who have
    no idea WTF is going on.

    If you find yourself offended, then I hope you'll accept the apology as a
    respected ng regular. If you don't accept it, then by all means please
    block my posts.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Sep 13, 2005
  13. Tom Scales

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    Well I don't know what "parts" you're from, but where I come from Goobers
    are "roasted whole peanuts covered with rich NESTLÉ milk chocolate, which
    tastes the way you expect great chocolate should taste".

    Ted Zieglar, Sep 13, 2005
  14. Tom Scales

    kingmack444 Guest

    Notan,

    You sound like one who thinks the world owes you something. Are you a
    minority? You parents are probably deadbeats as well. You make zero
    contributions to the group and the world as well.

    kingmack444, Sep 13, 2005
  15. Tom Scales

    Tom Scales Guest

    Hi Administrator, how's the new name going?

    Tom Scales, Sep 13, 2005
  16. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    I, too, must apologize, if I've offended anyone, EXCEPT THOSE
    TO WHOM MY POST WAS DIRECTED.

    There are people in this world, who seem to get some perverted
    pleasure in annoying others. That's all they do. The more you
    ask these people to stop, the more they attempt to annoy you.

    I usually don't like to killfile these people, as, occasionally,
    they have something of value to say... If you only listen to
    people with the same ideas as you, you'll never learn anything and,
    quite frankly, life would be pretty boring.

    In this case, however, I can't see myself suffering, in the least,
    by killfiling.

    For the most part, this newsgroup has been a great source of
    information. Not only Dell information, but information about computers,
    in general, and, quite often, information about completely OT topics.

    It's healthy to disagree with others. If we didn't, we'd certainly
    become more complacent. But, there are those times where enough is
    enough.

    I'm headed off to expand my killfile. Life's too sort, not to.

    Again, my apologies for any collateral damage.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 13, 2005
  17. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    You forgot, "stop by your local grocer and pick up a box today!"

    Yes, there are even Goobers at your favorite cinema concession.

    In fact, Goobers are about the least offensive thing in this entire thread.

    Cheers,

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Sep 13, 2005
  18. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    Surgical strike. This isn't the chinese embassy in Belgrade, 1999.

    Neutron post.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Sep 13, 2005
  19. Tom Scales

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    As long as we're delving into this weighty topic, is it correct to say that
    the term "goober" when applied to an individual started with Gomer Pyle's
    friend Goober, who worked at the filling station and wore that silly hat?

    Ted Zieglar, Sep 13, 2005
  20. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    Actually, Goober is/was Gomer's cousin.