  1. Tom Scales

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    Shazam, shazam, shazam!

    Ted Zieglar, Sep 13, 2005

  2. Nope, Tom, I cannot take credit for that one (not that I would want to).
    I don't insult people in that manner. I have never used profanity in my
    posts either. Yes, I call 5-8 people on this group DellBots, but that's
    about the extent of it. It's all in fun, but some of the language (ex.
    Noton) and insults are getting a bit inappropriate.

    Good luck on your venture to convince the whole world that Dell is the
    greatest :)

    Administrator, Sep 13, 2005

  3. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    In the words of a great man, "If you don't like it, leave."

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 13, 2005
  4. Unfortunately for you, you are not the great man. Your not even in the
    ballpark!

    Administrator, Sep 13, 2005
  5. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    This is correct, though he wasn't half the "wrench" that Gomer was, which
    is *sayin* something. :)

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Sep 14, 2005
  6. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    Speaking of that hat, I'm not sure if he wore it before "Jughead" (of
    'Jughead and Archie' the comic strip) or was emulating him - or whether that
    was just a cool beans -boffo - boss hat for that 1950's era.

    ?

    Saw a guy wearing one at work several weeks ago (made of felt) and it made
    me chuckle, which was the desired response.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Sep 14, 2005
  7. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    --------------------- the second official threadjacking starts
    here ------------------------------------------

    But it's about Goobers, and it's positive, and I'm throwing an (OT) in the
    subject line, which must mean that
    this thread needs one thing:

    "I got a fever...........and the only prescription is.............more
    cowbell!"

    http://www.milkandcookies.com/links/12491/

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Sep 14, 2005
  8. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    Who has seen the wind? Neither you nor I but when the trees bow down their
    heads, the wind is passing by.

    Wind
    Rossetti, Christina

    S.Lewis, Sep 14, 2005
  9. Tom Scales

    Ben Myers Guest

    Well, bugger off anyway. Something is fun or funny if and only if both parties
    think so. Your comments are not fun, even if you think so... Ben Myers

    Ben Myers, Sep 14, 2005
  10. Tom Scales

    S.Lewis Guest

    <end>

    ----------------Official threadjacking starts here--------------------------

    S.Lewis, Sep 14, 2005
  11. Tom Scales

    Fred Mau Guest

    Jughead (and his hat) have been in Archie comics since the early '40s.
    Any Griffith Show was early-to-mid'60s.

    Wasn't there a minor villain on the old Batman series of the '60s that
    wore the same hat also ?

    - FM -

    Fred Mau, Sep 14, 2005
  12. Tom Scales

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    Stew:

    I'm trying to kill off this thread once and for all. If quotes from the Nestle web site and nostalgia about Gomer Pyle USMC don't sink it, I don't know what else to do.

    Ted Zieglar

    Ted Zieglar, Sep 14, 2005
  13. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    As long as we're on the subject...

    Does anyone remember the Nestles Quik commercial, where Farfel, the dog,
    sings, "N-E-S-T-L-E-S, Nestle's makes the very best, CH-A-A-A-W-CLIT?"

    OK, Ted, now you can kill it! <g>

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 14, 2005
  14. Tom Scales

    Irene Guest

    ..
    Like I said, nothing has changed. The hallmarks of this group, ridicule,
    insults, and name calling. And Oh, yes, as Notan clearly demonstrated---foul
    language.

    Irene, Sep 14, 2005
  15. Tom Scales

    Notan Guest

    And, yet, you insist on returning.

    Hmmm.

    Notan

    Notan, Sep 14, 2005
  16. Much, thank you.

    Sparky Spartacus, Sep 14, 2005
  17. Except we were discussing (and I use the term loosely) "goobers", not
    "Goobers" (c).

    Sparky Spartacus, Sep 14, 2005
  18. No, he was effect, not cause.

    Sparky Spartacus, Sep 14, 2005
  19. Tom Scales

    Ted Zieglar Guest

    ....and you STILL contribute nothing to this group.

    Ted Zieglar, Sep 14, 2005
  20. Tom Scales

    Irene Guest

    I must concede that you are partly correct.

    I contribute no insults.
    I contribute no name calling(beyond the quoted use of
    "Dellbot(s)".
    I contribute no ridicule.
    and most of all,
    I contribute no foul language.