    Other than buying a new monitor, is there anything I can do to fix this.

    Thanks
    Dan

    Dan Sgambelluri, Nov 28, 2005

  2. Dan Sgambelluri

    Steve Guest

    Dan,

    The only options you have would be to reinstall the video drivers for
    your system. Im guessing that you have a Dell PC, or you would post
    this in this forum, boot into safe mode by pressing F8 at the Dell
    splash screen and selecting "safe mode". Log in as the admin and right
    click on My Computer, Properties, click on the Hardware tab, select
    Device Manager. Now expand the Display Adapters field, right click on
    the item, and select remove. To reinstall the driver use the Recsource
    CD (Dimension or Inspiron), find the video driver in the list (it will
    have a check mark beside it), select it, then click on extract, unzip
    the file and it should install automatically.

    The other option you have is the easy one change the screen resolution
    and refresh rate for your monitor. If those dont work, the monitor is
    junk, toss it.

    Steve, Nov 28, 2005

  3. strange thing, it is working now.

    I have 2 other problems now that Dell can't fix.

    One dealing with my NHL 2005 Rosters and one with me finding my hat for
    work.

    Dan Sgambelluri, Nov 29, 2005
  4. Dan Sgambelluri

    S.Lewis Guest

    Got any electrical devices sitting really close to your monitor? And even
    if you don't, a monitor flaking out can sometimes right itself -
    intermittently.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Nov 29, 2005
  5. just my speakers, cable modem and a table lamp

    I got one of my other problems fixed. My roster has been fixed. I
    found a roster from a week or so ago and I updated from there. No, I
    gotta go is find my hat.

    Dan

    Dan Sgambelluri, Nov 29, 2005
  6. and I now found my hat. Somehow it got into my utensil drawer.

    Dan Sgambelluri, Nov 30, 2005
  7. Dan Sgambelluri

    S.Lewis Guest

    Pass the church key please. I need the bottle opener. Glad you found your
    hat.

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Nov 30, 2005
  8. Are the speakers shielded? The cable modem shouldn't be an issue. What
    type of light? Have you checked your connections and connectors?

    KC

    Kevin Childers, Nov 30, 2005
  9. me too. It is an awesome hat.

    Dan Sgambelluri, Nov 30, 2005
  10. the speakers are Harman/Kardon HK206. They were the cheap speakers that
    came with my Dell.

    It is just a normal table lamp. The lamp does have different light
    strength and it can be changed by tapping on the lamps.

    Dan Sgambelluri, Nov 30, 2005
  11. Pretty much rules out any RF or EM interference. As a double check you
    could move them away from the monitor to see if they have any effect. The
    lamp uses a ground state detection switch. No effect on monitors that I've
    ever heard of.

    KC

    Kevin Childers, Dec 1, 2005
  12. next time it happens, I will move the speakers more away from the
    monitor and see if that fixes it.

    Thanks
    Dan

    Dan Sgambelluri, Dec 1, 2005
  13. Dan Sgambelluri

    S.Lewis Guest

    Those speakers should be magnetically shielded. I'd bet on the lamp if
    anything. I've known some fluorescents to cause such things, but........

    Stew

    S.Lewis, Dec 1, 2005
  14. the lamp is about a foot away.

    Dan Sgambelluri, Dec 2, 2005