    Must be a Mavericks thing.

    On the plus side I see one can now empty Trashes on different volumes
    simultaneously.

    Tim Streater, Jan 28, 2014

  2. Tim Streater

    Davoud Guest

    Tim Streater:
    Not on my four Macs that are running Mavericks. I can hid Thoth 1.9.1.2
    at any time with Cmd-H.

    Davoud, Jan 28, 2014

  3. Not on my four Macs that are running Mavericks. I can hid Thoth 1.9.1.2
    at any time with Cmd-H.[/QUOTE]

    Me too.

    Sara Merriman, Jan 29, 2014
  4. Tim Streater

    Király Guest

    You're talking about Finder? Finder has always done that.

    Király, Jan 29, 2014
  5. Tim Streater

    Tim Streater Guest

    You're talking about Finder? Finder has always done that.[/QUOTE]

    Hummmm - OK. I' was sure I was always being told "Trash is busy being
    emptied" or somesuch.

    Tim Streater, Jan 29, 2014
  6. Tim Streater

    Kiraly Guest

    One can't add an item to the trash while it is being emptied. But
    simultaneous emptying of the trash on all volumes has always been the
    way it has worked.

    Kiraly, Jan 29, 2014
  7. Tim Streater

    Tim Streater Guest

    One can't add an item to the trash while it is being emptied. But
    simultaneous emptying of the trash on all volumes has always been the
    way it has worked.[/QUOTE]

    No, that's not what I mean. Yes, I thought it was not possible to add
    something to the Trash while it was being emptied. But the other day I
    *was* able to add stuff, from volume2, to the Trash, while it was being
    emptied of stuff originally only from volume1. That is, when I asked to
    empty it, it had nothing in it from Volume2, only stuff from Volume1.
    Then, wile it was being emptied of stuff from Volume1, I was able to
    add stuff from Volume2.

    Tim Streater, Jan 29, 2014
  8. Tim Streater

    Tim Streater Guest

    No, that's not what I mean. Yes, I thought it was not possible to add
    something to the Trash while it was being emptied. But the other day I
    *was* able to add stuff, from volume2, to the Trash, while it was being
    emptied of stuff originally only from volume1. That is, when I asked to
    empty it, it had nothing in it from Volume2, only stuff from Volume1.
    Then, wile it was being emptied of stuff from Volume1, I was able to
    add stuff from Volume2.[/QUOTE]

    And, what's more, while the stuff from volume1 was being emptied, I did
    Empty Trash again and it did so in parallel. There were two progress
    bars, too.

    Tim Streater, Jan 29, 2014
  9. Tim Streater

    Lewis Guest

    That hasn't been the case in a while.

    Well, it is, but not in a way that the user notices. No more "You can't
    add an item to the trash" dialog forcing you o try again later. It
    simply queues up the move and does it silently after the delete
    completes.

    Lewis, Jan 30, 2014