    Anonymous Guest

    Why backdoor just one brand of compiler (since there are several), when you could backdoor the architecture?
    I'm pretty sure there is a special sequence of intel instructions which open the unicorn gate, and pipe a copy of all memory writes to NSA's server.

    Anonymous, Jul 14, 2013

  2. Anonymous

    Intel Guy Guest

    Anonymous wrote:

    > Why backdoor just one brand of compiler (since there are several),
    > when you could backdoor the architecture?
    >
    > I'm pretty sure there is a special sequence of intel instructions
    > which open the unicorn gate, and pipe a copy of all memory writes
    > to NSA's server.

    You don't think that there have been enough people running enough
    network-snooping tools and firewall appliances over the past 15-20 years
    that would have discovered any back-channel communication to the NSA?

    Intel Guy, Jul 15, 2013

  3. Anonymous

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    On 15/07/2013 12:10 PM, Intel Guy wrote:
    > Anonymous wrote:
    >
    >> Why backdoor just one brand of compiler (since there are several),
    >> when you could backdoor the architecture?
    >>
    >> I'm pretty sure there is a special sequence of intel instructions
    >> which open the unicorn gate, and pipe a copy of all memory writes
    >> to NSA's server.

    > You don't think that there have been enough people running enough
    > network-snooping tools and firewall appliances over the past 15-20 years
    > that would have discovered any back-channel communication to the NSA?

    Most likely this wouldn't be sent over the Net, but directly accessed
    through an impounded laptop inside an NSA or CIA lab somewhere.

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Aug 15, 2013
  4. Anonymous

    Guest

    On Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:03:20 PM UTC+2, Yousuf Khan wrote:
    > On 15/07/2013 12:10 PM, Intel Guy wrote:
    >
    > > Anonymous wrote:

    > >> Why backdoor just one brand of compiler (since there are several),

    > >> when you could backdoor the architecture?

    > >> I'm pretty sure there is a special sequence of intel instructions

    > >> which open the unicorn gate, and pipe a copy of all memory writes

    > >> to NSA's server.

    > > You don't think that there have been enough people running enough

    > > network-snooping tools and firewall appliances over the past 15-20 years

    > > that would have discovered any back-channel communication to the NSA?

    > Most likely this wouldn't be sent over the Net, but directly accessed
    >
    > through an impounded laptop inside an NSA or CIA lab somewhere.
    >

    > Yousuf Khan

    Yup, they'd magically get access to your computer through a magical invisible pipe in their lab. Don't tell anyone though.

    , Sep 16, 2013
  5. Anonymous

    Yousuf Khan Guest

    On 16/09/2013 8:28 AM, wrote:
    > On Thursday, August 15, 2013 7:03:20 PM UTC+2, Yousuf Khan wrote:
    >> On 15/07/2013 12:10 PM, Intel Guy wrote:
    >>> You don't think that there have been enough people running enough

    >>> network-snooping tools and firewall appliances over the past 15-20 years

    >>> that would have discovered any back-channel communication to the NSA?

    >> Most likely this wouldn't be sent over the Net, but directly accessed
    >>
    >> through an impounded laptop inside an NSA or CIA lab somewhere.
    >>

    >> Yousuf Khan

    > Yup, they'd magically get access to your computer through a magical invisible pipe in their lab. Don't tell anyone though.

    You've never heard of the term, "confiscation"?

    Yousuf Khan

    Yousuf Khan, Sep 22, 2013
  6. Anonymous

    Jim Guest

    Straight from the CEO's mouth.
    http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1ycs5l/hi_reddit_im_brian_krzanich_ceo_of_intel_ask_me/cfltop4
    "First, let me be clear that Intel doesn't participate in the NSA programs
    described in recent news reports. Intel does not participate in anyone's
    efforts to decrease security in technology. We don't provide methods for
    unauthorized access to our products..we don't create back doors.
    On the question of BSD... BSD did not drop our RDRAND. FreeBSD will
    continue using RDRAND to feed the OS entropy pool, feeding its output into
    another PRNG in the process. Privacy is really important, it is important to
    me and it's important to Intel. we've always been clear about our policies
    in this area..and we understand the concern on the part of individuals and
    governments and companies. We invest in training, network security,
    information security, code reviews and testing to minimize the risk of our
    product behaving in an unexpected way. Given the environment there has been
    a lot of speculation and misinformation about our products and I want folks
    to know we constantly work to improve the security of our products. That is
    a never ending process for us.

    and you can tell this is really me.... from all of the ellipses :)"

    Jim, Mar 1, 2014