ntldr is missing error when trying to add extra hd - p4s dragon ultra

Discussion in 'Soyo' started by b r a l l, Jul 29, 2004.

  1. b r a l l

    b r a l l Guest

    on my p4s dragon ultra mb:

    i'm doing a reinstall of my win 2k system and am getting an error when
    trying to install a third hard drive on my setup.

    putting it on ide 2, on the outside connector. it shares it with my
    cd-rw. when i attach it, it gives me an "ntldr is missing" error, hit
    "ctrl-alt-delete". bios does not detect this hd (3). however i do
    notice when i have it attached, the bios hardware config shows no boot
    drive between my two existing hd's.

    when i detach this hd (3), my computer boots up fine. i've got two
    other hd's attached to ide 3 & 4 respectively. when i inspect the
    bios hardware setup, it shows that there is a boot drive between the
    two of them.

    prior to this reinstall, this third hd ran fine off of this ide
    channel and connector setup. am i missing a driver or does something
    need to be configured differently?

    please help! happy to give more info if needed. thanks...

    b r a l l, Jul 29, 2004