    no longer listed in the boot sector, I replace it boot up and all is fine as
    long as I leave the removable drive connected. Thanks for any ideas and help
    RBM

    RBM, May 30, 2005

  2. RBM

    Ryan Guest

    What are all the drives set to on that chain, master, slave, cable select.

    I would have the chain with the removable drive to CS.

    Ryan

    Ryan, May 30, 2005

  3. The same thing happens on a lot of boards with USB removable media. No
    matter that you set the USB as the lowest priority device to boot from, if
    you remove the disk, reboot, insert the disk, and reboot again, the BIOS
    insists on making the 'new' device the boot drive.
    It applies to several other Asus boards as well.
    My own solution, was simply to put the NT boot stuff 'onto' the removable
    disk, but with boot.ini, pointing to the SATA drives. The cost is a very
    few kB on the disk, but freedom from the problem...

    Best Wishes

    Roger Hamlett, May 30, 2005
  4. RBM

    RBM Guest

    There is a DVD-RW set to master and the hard drive set to slave

    RBM, May 30, 2005