    restored my windows from backup but it did not help.

    thank you so much,
    josh

    jlee8071, May 26, 2009

  2. jlee8071

    Stars Guest

    But is it really booting form USB Floppydrive, is there a floppy, how
    is that possibl ein 2009 when floppy's been dead for many years?
    CHange to harddisk, see what happens, if still problems email me,
    asking for NTLDR.

    I will respond with NTLDR file attached, copied from my laptop; see if
    you can copy it to C:\ drive root or whatever your Windows root
    directory (aka folder) is.
    It may or may not work. My NTLDR file is sized 244KB, matter of fact
    I will try to email you now that file.

    You can get into SafeMode and try copying it into C:\ or whatever your
    WIndows points to when it's seeking NTLDR during bootup.
    You will need to use another computer to download my file and a USB or
    another external drive to move it onto your bad Thinkpad, and copy in
    DOS, SafeMode or soemthing...

    Stars, May 26, 2009

  3. jlee8071

    John Doue Guest

    This type of error is extremely frequent and very well documented. It
    can have several causes, the least frequent being that NTDLR is actually
    missing.

    Your machine is looking at the wrong place for this file. This happens
    usually after you changed something with partitions or added/removed a
    boot device.

    Think of what you did to your machine and reverse it. This error has
    nothing to do with cleaning files.

    John Doue, May 26, 2009
  4. jlee8071

    Sooperdave Guest

    I just copied ntldr to another folder and named it ntldrbackup, then copied that
    to the root.......just to B safe.

    Sooperdave, Jun 2, 2009