"ntoskrnl.exe error" message on overclocking?

Discussion in 'AMD Overclocking' started by Ben, Jan 1, 2004.

  1. Ben

    Ben Guest

    Hi,

    I recently bought 2500 Barton which I've popped into an Abit NF7-S,
    when I increase the FSB to 200 however (with all other settings at
    stock) I get a message on boot that "ntoskrnl.exe missing or corrupt"
    and XP fails to boot up....When I set it back to 2500 it boots up
    fine...

    I did manage to get it to boot last night after increasing the voltage
    to 1.75 but it still seemed unstable (crashed when running 3D-Mark
    2003)....

    Does anyone know what this error message indicates?

    TIA

    (Using the following:
    2500+
    NF7-S v2
    512mb Twinmos 3200
    Geforce 4400ti)

    Ben, Jan 1, 2004

  2. Ben

    Roger M Guest

    You need to throw some more juice to it, it'll be ok. I have to run my
    8RDA+ at 1.8V to get prime 95 to run without errors. With a little more
    volts I can run the fsb up to 212.

    Roger

    Roger M, Jan 1, 2004

  3. Ben

    V Guest

    Nothing, really. Unstable overclocked processor cause all sorts of
    miscellaneous error messages and crashes. It just means that your processor
    won't work at this clock frequency at this voltage. You may want to try
    increase the voltage even more (and shorten the life of your processor,
    sometimes extremely).

    V, Jan 1, 2004
  4. Ben

    bonjoey Guest

    sounds to me you got hd corruptions, lock the agp/pci setting to 100%, in
    other words on your bios set it at 3/3 4/4 5/5 6/6 which ever you want

    bonjoey, Jan 2, 2004
  5. Ben

    Jon Back Guest

    Could be RAM, could be PCI, but definitely related to that 200 FSB. The 3200
    RAM should be good unless you've tweaked the latency settings.
    Sounds just like a question I read earlier on the Anandtech OC forum.

    As it said there, not all 2500 Bartons make it to 200 FSB.

    JonB

    Jon Back, Jan 26, 2004