Nuked my ICH5R with the F6 BIOS upgrade. Can I get it back with another BIOS or have to reinstall O

Discussion in 'Gigabyte' started by Chris, Jan 11, 2004.

  1. Chris

    Chris Guest

    Hey,

    A little new to this. Sorry if I make any mistakes.

    I have a G8KNXP with 4 SATA hard drives. I'm trying to set up 2 pairs
    of RAID 0 or preferrably RAID 1. I had things working & then nuked
    the ICH5R completely with the F6 BIOS upgrade. The ICH5R option just
    disappeared from my boot process.

    Anyone have any idea whether I can get them back? I've just upgraded
    to the F9 BIOS but the ICH5R didn't reappear.

    I'm thinking that I'll have to format the drives & reinstall Server
    2000 & install the drivers for it using the F6 key like I did before.

    Would appreciate any feedback on anything...especially if I'm doing
    something wrong.

    Thanks much!

    Chris

    Chris, Jan 11, 2004

  2. Chris

    Dumdedo Guest

    Did you set the Factory Defaults before you did any changes, this is a Must
    do..

    Dumdedo, Jan 11, 2004

  3. Chris

    Tim Guest

    When you say 'nuked' the ICH5R, are you meaning that the SATA Raid bios does
    not appear during boot?
    If this is the case then go into the bios and set it back to RAID! Thats
    all.

    Take a look in the manual and read up about the bios flash procedure. It is
    quite clear - you have to load defaults after a flash & some say to power
    off and back on to force the bios to be re-read (bios caching will stop a
    realod apparently). Early versions of the 8KNXP bios required - on some
    occasions - a clear cmos operation as well. If in doubt do that too.

    - Tim

    Tim, Jan 11, 2004