    Keyboard and mouse with this Sun machine?

    Thanks in advance,
    dotyet

    dotyet, Dec 20, 2004

  2. port B use a db-9 male connector, just like a PC, so your cable will
    work there. port A use a female db-25, but with a DTE pinout, just
    like most Sun systems with db-25:s.

    Are you going to use the PC a sa console to the sun? If so you should
    probably use port A, as that is the default if you don't connect a
    keyboard.

    thomas

    Thomas Tornblom, Dec 20, 2004

  3. The DB9 is a nice car manufactured by Aston Martin. What you have
    on the PC is a DE9P (D shell, size E, 9 pins).
    The U5 serial port A is a DB25S (D shell, size B, 25 sockets).
    The U5 serial port B is a DE9P (D shell, size E, 9 pins).

    Serial port A:
    < http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/805-7763-12/6j7a690v7?a=view >
    Serial port B:
    < http://docs.sun.com/app/docs/doc/805-7763-12/6j7a690v8?a=view >

    If you want to use the PC as a serial console then you need to use
    serial port A.