Numerous Errant Windows Open and Stay Open Every Time I Boot

Discussion in 'Laptops' started by John E. Golden, Sep 7, 2003.

  1. I have updated my Windows 2000 OS numerous times by downloading the
    latest stuff--mainly security packs, but also some service packs.

    Now whenever I boot my computer (IBM ThinkPad A21e Laptop), I get
    numerous windows opening and staying open. I guess these windows are
    the remnants of the updates that I downloaded. I have to close all of
    them manually before I can proceed.

    The Errant Windows include:
    - a little window saying "System Error...unable to open dialog."
    - Three huge windows (one on top of the other). Each says "Update Status"
    on the top and ">> RSIRC Webserver enabled and listening on port" on the
    bottom.

    BTW, I performed all the downloads using the Mozilla Browser if that
    makes any difference.

    How can I get rid of all these Errant Windows?

    Regards,
    John E. Golden

    John E. Golden, Sep 7, 2003

  2. John E. Golden

    G Guest

    Just out of curiosity, have you run a virus scan lately? That is typical
    trojan activity you are seeing.

    G, Sep 8, 2003