    Do you think that this is a mechanical problem or is there a setting
    somewhere that I can change to get back to non-numlock-mode?

    kind regards, Herlind

    Herlind Wurth, Jun 20, 2005

  2. Herlind Wurth

    mazirion Guest

    Sounds like it is time to pop that key and clean out the gunk underneath!

    mazirion, Jun 21, 2005

  3. If it's one of the PBs with the keyboard that lifts right up, you might
    check under the numlock key for mushrooms and such.

    Cathy

    Cathy Stevenson, Jun 22, 2005
  4. Herlind Wurth

    DaveC Guest

    Thus spake Cathy Stevenson:
    Lifting the keyboard gives you ... access to RAM, hard drive, etc.

    You need to pull off the *keycap* and clean beneath it. It's not difficult,
    but it's got potential for damage. Should be done by someone either
    experienced or knowledgeable of the little bits beneath the cap, and how they

    DaveC

    This is an invalid return address
    Please reply in the news group

    DaveC, Jun 22, 2005
  5. Thanks for the tips (to you and the other posters).

    I thought of lifting the keyboard, but this PB's keyboard could not be
    lifted.

    Unfortunately I cannot check on the PB anymore, because the owner was a
    guest and has already left. So now his admin has to take care of the
    problem.

    thanks, Herlind

    Herlind Wurth, Jun 22, 2005