    rms Guest

  2. rms

    maniac Guest

    maniac, Apr 5, 2004

  3. rms

    Ken Maltby Guest

    Fortunately, or unfortunately, this speculation on preproduction
    boards, means nothing about how a board we can actually buy
    will perform.

    Luck;
    Ken

    Ken Maltby, Apr 5, 2004
  4. rms

    NightSky 421 Guest

    I'll wait to see the benchmarks for the released version of the R420 and
    the NV40, but it's both encouraging and not a surprise that these two
    GPU's will pull in terrific benchmark numbers compared to anything
    available today. Chances are that I will wait for a product refresh to
    happen around Christmas and hope to pick up the first-gen R420 or NV40
    at half their initial release price.

    NightSky 421, Apr 6, 2004
  5. rms

    DreamMaker Guest

    Will this Vboard come out with ddr3 cause in this case it will come
    out only in 2006 so...

    DreamMaker, Apr 6, 2004
  6. rms

    Mike B Guest

    If a 5950U is $400+, what will one of the "twice as fast" boards cost?

    MIKE

    Mike B, Apr 6, 2004
  7. rms

    John Lewis Guest

    ~ $500, at initial release.

    It is a matter of profit-margin and what the "enthusiast"market will
    bear, not silicon/board manufacturing costs. Prices above $500
    cause even "foaming-at-the-mouth" enthusiasts to think twice
    before opening their pocket-books.

    John Lewis

    John Lewis, Apr 6, 2004
  8. rms

    lyon_wonder Guest

    more proof of how GPU-depedenent 3DMark03 is.

    lyon_wonder, Apr 7, 2004
  9. rms

    Minotaur Guest

    Remember the speculation on the FX? I hope it pans out the same LOL

    Minotaur, Apr 7, 2004
  10. rms

    Darthy Guest

    I wouldn't worry about it...

    www.anandtech.com has done a good review of the Nvidia 6800

    Its about 30~60% faster than the 9800Pro... The ATI X800 isn't out
    yet...

    Nvidia can't claim VICTORY yet... product isn't shipping yet... and
    with the R420 so close to release... many people who blow $500 on a
    video card will wait a few weeks before deciding.

    And how many games really bring down their 9800Pros and 5900Ultras?

    The 8600 is HUGE and requires a 550watt PSU in your computer...

    If the ATI X800 still powers fine with your 300watt PSUs like the 9800
    - then even if its 5% slower (we don't know) it will get more sales.

    Remember... a HUGE video card like the 6800 with TWO power connectors
    is also dumping a LOT OF HEAT into your system,

    Darthy, Apr 15, 2004
  11. rms

    Courseyauto Guest

    I wouldn't worry about it...

    www.anandtech.com has done a good review of the Nvidia 6800

    Its about 30~60% faster than the 9800Pro... The ATI X800 isn't out
    yet...

    Nvidia can't claim VICTORY yet... product isn't shipping yet... and
    with the R420 so close to release... many people who blow $500 on a
    video card will wait a few weeks before deciding.

    And how many games really bring down their 9800Pros and 5900Ultras?

    The 8600 is HUGE and requires a 550watt PSU in your computer...

    If the ATI X800 still powers fine with your 300watt PSUs like the 9800
    - then even if its 5% slower (we don't know) it will get more sales.

    Remember... a HUGE video card like the 6800 with TWO power connectors
    is also dumping a LOT OF HEAT into your system,

    When 512K of video RAM was a lot!

    Death to Palladium & WPA!!

    <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

    550watt PS,really. where did you read that?

    Courseyauto, Apr 16, 2004
  12. rms

    Inglo Guest

    On 4/15/2004 7:03 PM Courseyauto brightened our day with:

    Mein gott that's a terrible quoting/reply system you've got there at aol.

    Inglo, Apr 16, 2004
  13. rms

    puss Guest

    No as in some cases the Video quality was better (9800XT) in another review
    that I read with shots to prove..

    480W and that depends on the brand as some as far better than others..

    Like Enarmax ones..

    http://www.enermax.com.tw/

    puss, Apr 16, 2004
  14. rms

    Pluvious Guest

    On Fri, 16 Apr 2004 21:57:11 +1200, wrote:

    ||On Thu, 15 Apr 2004 22:57:00 GMT, Darthy <>
    ||wrote:

    ||>I wouldn't worry about it...
    ||>
    ||>www.anandtech.com has done a good review of the Nvidia 6800
    ||>
    ||>Its about 30~60% faster than the 9800Pro... The ATI X800 isn't out
    ||>yet...
    ||>
    ||>Nvidia can't claim VICTORY yet... product isn't shipping yet... and
    ||>with the R420 so close to release... many people who blow $500 on a
    ||>video card will wait a few weeks before deciding.
    ||No as in some cases the Video quality was better (9800XT) in another review
    ||that I read with shots to prove..

    This one:

    http://www.hardocp.com/article.html?art=NjA2

    10-15 fps isn't what I would call 'next generation'.

    Pluvious

    Pluvious, Apr 16, 2004
  15. rms

    DreamMaker Guest

    I'm sorry but the 9800xt - pro will save again alot of money this year
    too. huhh. lets not forget that their price will decrease too.
    Shit, i buy my 9800pro to early!

    For the link at hardocp.com
    i've seen the picture and they are the same in every point.

    except for the compression used for the internet usage.

    And i had a auther plonk to that card (6800u) just because it performe
    like it predessesor. ;-P

    DreamMaker, Apr 17, 2004
  16. rms

    James Frith Guest

    Wow! Twice as fast.... thanks to buggy/tweaked beta drivers.
    Strange that NVidia's driver bugs always seem to help rather than hurt
    their 3DMark performance.

    Here is an excerpt from a DriverHeaven article:

    "Its very clear to me that the 6800Ultra is not rendering the
    reference image as desired by 3Dmark, regardless of any performance
    impact and therefore isnt comparable to any other card. This in result
    is no different to the optimisations in previous drivers which
    Futuremark have frowned upon. "

    You can read more here:
    http://www.driverheaven.net/articles/driverIQ/index.htm

    Just for the record, I'm not an ATI fanboy. I own cards by both ATI &
    NVidia, and I'll be first in line to purchase the BEST next-gen
    card... I just wish that NVidia would stop cheating with tweaked
    drivers and misleading comparisons (e.g. Farcry pixel shaders).

    James Frith, Apr 28, 2004